Monday 29 July 2013

Family sewing.

What ho,
 I have been sewing but its taken me a while. I've been trying something new(ish)
Its a figure skater, I've been thinking about this for a while and finally searched the Internet for silhouettes as my drawing skills are about the level of an 8 year old.
I've appliqued on her and the pretty fabric (shes done in navy cotton, the pretty stuff is liberty print) and I'm embroidering (i use this word loosely!) the rest of the pattern.
I've been using my fab frixion pens that i got a while ago. They just iron off! (i tested them in this post)
I'm planning a spot of bling on it too, just a few sparkles (everyone knows skaters love their sparkles).

I'll let you see it when its done.

While i was stitching my lad decided he wanted to try, so i got him some fabric, popped it into an embroidery hoop (though he'd find that easier that 'free' sewing) and he drew his picture and started sewing
then tiny wanted to join in! so i had to cut out an owl shape in felt for her.

no, i don't know why she has no trousers on!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, interested to see what the figure skater will be :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are alway welcome, i know they take you time, i appreciate each one because, the smile they bring is mine.